PRODUCT MANAGER HCP ABBOTT DIABETES CARE - DK/NO/ICE - 30914627
Abbott is a global health care company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of health care. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 99,000 people.
Abbott Diabetes Care (ADC), a US$1.4B division of Abbott, helps people living with diabetes make progress in achieving glycemic control. ADC is on the cusp of disrupting Blood Glucose Monitoring market with a revolutionary new sensor-based technology that wirelessly transmits glucose results. FreeStyle Libre will virtually eliminate the pain and hassle associated with routine blood glucose finger sticks. FreeStyle Libre will provide people living with diabetes and the health care professionals that care for them with dense glucose data that the patient and the health care professional can use to identify and treat glycemic control issues (leading to improvements in HbA1c and reduction in hypoglycemic events). Behind FreeStyle Libre, ADC is poised to experience explosive, double-digit growth over the next several years and become the global leader in glucose monitoring.
For this exciting and growing division, we are currently looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER HCP
, based in Copenhagen or Oslo
In this position you will join our team for Diabetes Care Norway, Denmark and Iceland. We are dedicated to bringing our message to the world, liberating people living a daily life with diabetes by providing Abbotts technologically leading glucose measuring sensor technology called Freestyle Libre. We need you to lead a first class localized marketing effort. While the overall responsibility for defining the positioning strategy is coming from Global, you are specifically responsible for bringing scientific and product knowledge to Danish and Norwegian healthcare professionals and work with the salesforce to enable and enhance their product communication insights.ROLE
The key here is a combination of your proven product management skills coupled with a deep knowledge of the diabetes market coming from a clinical commercial background. We expect you to
- Understand the market dynamics in Norway and Denmark, public health and the economic environment, to identify possibilities to gain market shares
- Permanent update your knowledge of scientific resources and competitor activities to ensure effective product placement and to gain competitive advantages
- Plan and achieve strategic programs for effective market launch of products and support salesforce to reach sales and profit targets
Your tasks will include making annual marketing plans, develop and translate clinical and HCP promotional material, provide clinical market insights, train and co-travel with salesforce to ensure proper implementation of material, clinical and technical product support to salesforce, involvement with patient associations and other relevant channels.
- Create business insight presentations and reports for management
- Quarterly revision and presentation of 18 month rolling action plans
- Initiation and planning of product specific trainings in coordination with the education responsible, Internal and external presentations, talks, product trainings in hospitals, workshops
- Organization and participation to congresses, workshops and scientific events and propagation of information to colleagues
- Initiation of marketing activities: e.g. mailings, campaigns, round tables, symposia
- Meet all rules concerning the Quality Procedures needed in this position and follow all changes when being informed from Quality Coordinator, Trainings in LMS, etc.
Product management experience in medical device is expected, specifically in diabetes management requested. Strong presentation & communication skills, strategic planning skills, critical thinking and analysis of market conditions.
- Strong organizational and administrative ability coupled with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner and with high integrity
Only persons with medical device knowledge and adequate work experience in technical product marketing are invited to apply.
- University degree in natural sciences
- Business degree on MBA level preferred
- At least 4 years’ experience in product management
Language requirements: native Danish or Norwegian, English at business level.
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark or Oslo, Norway.
Extensive travelling in the territory must be expected; +80 days annually.ABBOTT OFFERS
Abbott offers an amazing workplace, since we are the #4 Top Employer in the whole of Europe. We offer growth and development opportunities, teamwork and career development. We also offer a strong benefits package and an exciting work environmentINTERESTED?
Please apply via the 'Apply'
button.Agency calls not appreciated
This vacancy is a full time position.